Why should you choose an Independent Agent over an online insurance service? It’s all the same, right? It’s all just insurance in the end. Well…maybe, maybe not. It’s too important of a choice to gamble on, only to find out in the event of a loss that you either don’t have the coverage or can’t get the service you need. You might want to consider some of the advantages of having an independent agent versus online insurance services that may or may not have your best interests at hand.
An independent agent is able to give you choices, where an online provider may be limited to just one particular brand of insurance. Independent agents represent multiple brands and are able to offer you a variety of options when it comes to insurance. Instead of getting one quote for your home or condo, an independent agent can offer you three or four quotes for comparison shopping. They will give you the carrier’s financial rating and let you know how they respond to claims.
Generally, independent agents are vested members of the local community. These agents are committed individuals who can talk with you face-to-face and will act as your advocate when needed.
They will also:
- Assist you in the event of a claim
- Work with you to determine your needs
- Review coverages annually to be sure you are adequately insured
- Find the best value in terms of pricing, service and coverages offered
- Offer a variety of products to meet your insurance needs (think one-stop shopping for home, auto, health, etc.)
- Provide courteous and friendly service
- Treat you like a person and not a number